Generally, if you are married, apply for a green card, or immigrate, you will be required to provide a No Criminal Background Check issued by the FBI of the US Federal Bureau of Investigation if you are preparing to sign a labor contract with the employer or other matters. If you are looking for a job in China and your position is sensitive, you may need a certificate of no crime issued by the local police station and a certificate of no criminal record issued by the US FBI. As for whether you need to apply for a certificate of non-criminal record of the local police station or a certificate of criminal record of the US FBI, please contact the department that requires you to issue a certificate of no criminal record in advance to ensure the document can be used.
A. FBI Criminal Record Check Authentication Procedure
Step 1: The US Department Of State Certification
FBI Criminal Record Check Report needs to be authenticated directly by the US Department of State. No notary or state authentication is needed. The digital version of FBI report is acceptable. If you need assistance with the US Department of State authentication as well, please contact with us via email.
Authentication staff of the US Department of State will receive documents and perform an initial review during 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. Monday through Friday (except federal holidays). It is also required to pick up one’s completed certificate(s) between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. on the cited date.
To save the trouble, you may use our service on this step. When you create a new order, you need to choose code “DC” on the “Issued by state” column.
Step 2: The Chinese Embassy/Consulate General Authentication
Authenticated by The People’s Republic of China Embassy in Washington D.C.
B. How To Place An Order
- Online submit your order
- Mail all required documents to our office
- To check our processing fees, check here
C. Required Documents
- The original and photocopy of your FBI Report (If you need help with obtain a FBI Report, please contact us via Email or 240-668-3468)
- One fully completed and signed Notarization/Authentication Application Form
- One photocopy of your passport information page
- Check or money order if you choose this payment method.
- Cash payment: available for walk in clients, please do not send us cash by mail
- Money order: can be purchased at the post office, CVS, Western Union and other locations
- Check: please make your check payable to: Laroz International Business, Inc.
- PayPal payment: please pay to email@example.com. You need to pay a service fee to PayPal: $1.00 for the amount < = $20, and 5% for the amount of $20 – $60, 3.5%-5% for amount > = $60. Clients who lives in China may find PayPal more convenient than other payment methods.
You are welcomed to consult us with the specific authentication matters relating to birth certificate. You can entrust Laroz for all steps authentication. For our service fees you can check here.
Laroz provides basic certification related information, but does not guarantee the correctness and completeness. We are not responsible for any consequence due to incorrect or incomplete information.