A. Power of Attorney Authentication Procedure
STEP ONE: Notarization
The principal must present at the local notary public to get his power of attorney notarized. Laroz only offer local notary public service. After notarization, your document can be authenticated for the next step.
STEP TWO: County Clerk Authentication
Some states require power of attorneys to be authenticated by County Clerk prior to state authentication. For example, power of attorneys notarized in the New York City should be authenticated by County Clerk before New York State certification.
Note: Different States have different requirements, some states do not need County Clerk authentication before state certification. If you want to learn more detail, please contact us.
STEP THREE: The Secretary Of State Authentification
The authentication processing time varies in different state. Usually, it takes one to three weeks. Some states offer expedited service, some don’t. For more information, please contact us.
STEP FOUR: The US Department Of State Authentication
Authentication staff of the US Department of State will receive documents and perform an initial review during 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. Monday through Friday (except federal holidays). It is also required to pick up one’s completed certificate(s) between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. on the cited date.
To save the trouble, you may use our service on this step. When you create a new order, you need to choose code “DC” on the “Issued by state” column.
STEP FIVE: The Chinese Embassy/Consulate General Authentication
The People’s Republic of China currently maintains one Embassy in Washington D.C., but also maintains 5 consulates-general in the following U.S. cities: New York, NY; Chicago, IL; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Houston, TX. Each Embassy or consulate-general hold consular jurisdiction over specific states.
Your legalization application may be rejected by the Embassy/Consulate General that does not hold consular jurisdiction over the state where your document is executed.
When deciding which embassy/consulate-general to go, you should check the state that issued the document, not where you reside.
B. How To Place An Order
- Online submit your order
- Mail all required documents to our office
- For our service fee you can check here
C. Required Documents
- The original and photocopy of your notarized power of attorney
- One fully completed and signed Notarization/Authentication Application Form
- Photocopies of applicant’s passport information page. Other copies of valid ID may be acceptable, such as driver’s license, green card, et.al. If your passport has been renewed or noted, photocopies of the related pages are required as well. If the applicants are not U.S. citizen, photocopy of immigrant status or green card might be needed in some consular-general.
- Attorney’s photocopy of ID.
- Property possessed by a couple must both show their consent as principals and sign on the same power of attorney.
- Check or money order if you choose this payment method.
D. Template Of Power Of Attorney
According to our experience, you need to prepared at least two copies of power of attorney. One will be used in the property ownership transfer process. The other will be used in the loan application. Please check with the authorities in China, and prepare enough documents as needed.
Here we provide you a template of power of attorney for your reference. Please draft your own according to your situation. Please check with the authorities in China for the requirement and content of the power of attorney.
Power Of Attorney
|Date of Birth
|Date of Birth
|Date of Birth
As we (Principals),____________, are not able to the handle the relevant matters in person pertaining to the disposal of the properties located at _____________________, we hereby appoint__________ as our attorney in fact to act in our capacity to conduct all such act as set out below on our behalf, within our ownership of such properties. The power of attorney is not re-transferable.
- To sign the deposit agreement
- To sign the sales and purchase contract of properties
- To handle the ownership registration, ownership transfer of properties and to sign the relevant registration documents
- To apply and handle loan repayment and insurance withdrawal procedures, to handle mortgage cancellation, to collect relevant mortgage cancellation materials from the bank (including to sign relevant documents, collect the premium, collect mortgage right certificates, etc.)
- All files will be signed by our attorney __________________
The Principal shall acknowledge any and all of the legal acts and the legal consequences caused thereby conducted by the Attorney on behalf of the Principal with respect to the above mentioned properties with her authorization scope.
The term of the above mentioned authorization shall commence since the execution of this document till all such matters as set out above have been completed.
Signature of Applicant: ________________
E. Notice For Notary Public
When you get your document notarized by the notary public, please make sure he put a notary statement on your file. Without a notary statement, the Chinese embassy or consulate may not authenticate your document. Different state may have different style of notary statement. Here is a template for your reference.
State of _____
County of _____
On this ___day of ___, 20__, before me personally appeared___________, to me known to be the person described in and who executed foregoing instrument, and acknowledged that such person execute the same as such person free act and deed.
Notary Public Signature: _________
Commission expiration: ___________ Seal:
F. Payment Methods
- Cash payment: available for walk in clients, please do not send us cash by mail
- Money order: can be purchased at the post office, CVS, Western Union and other locations
- Check: please make your check payable to: Laroz International Business, Inc.
- PayPal payment: please pay to email@example.com. You need to pay a service fee to PayPal: $1.00 for the amount < = $20, and 5% for the amount of $20 – $60, 3.5%-5% for amount > = $60. Clients who lives in China may find PayPal more convenient than other payment methods.
You are welcomed to consult us with specific authentication questions relating to power of attorney. You can entrust Laroz for all three step authentication.
Laroz provides basic certification related information, but does not guarantee the correctness and completeness. We are not responsible for any consequence due to incorrect or incomplete information.